The Sixth grade science program aims to ignite students’ curiosity and to cultivate their passion for discovery.
Interactive class activities are designed to provide a foundation on which scientific concepts stick. The curriculum incorporates aspects of life science, physical science, earth science and engineering. Students will develop their skills of investigation, analysis and explanation through a variety of hands-on lab experiences, simulations, games, debates and projects. Instead of working with a single textbook, each unit of study is crafted from a variety of resources including texts, magazine articles and web resources.
- How does creativity power science?
- How do I think and behave like a scientist?
Learn more about our Science curriculum:Selector View Curriculum
6th Grade Science
Scientific Inquiry and the Nature of Science:
- What is science?
- What are the qualities of a good investigation question?
- How do I plan and conduct a fair scientific investigation?
- How do engineers solve problems?
- How do human activities affect the earth?
- What are the components of a sound scientific argument?
- How do my choices impact the environment?
- What is environmental justice?
Human Body Systems:
- How are structure and function related in living things?
- How do the human body systems work together?
- How can I keep my body healthy?
- How do rocks reveal secrets about Earth?
- What forces and processes cause the shaping and reshaping of Earth’s Crust?
- How can I design and build a structure that can withstand an earthquake?