Sixth Grade Supply List 2017-18
Humanities, Math, and Science:
- 2” heavy duty three ring binder with locking rings – you may prefer two 1 ½”binders (one for Spanish/Humanities and one for Science/Math)
- Lined notebook paper
- Graph paper
- At least 8 dividers (we will help you set them up in the first days of school)
- Pocket (for pencils, etc.)
- Pens (blue and one other color for correcting work)
- At least 2 highlighters
- Backpack or book bag
- A supply of index cards at home
- Inexpensive ear buds
- Small pencil sharpener
Spanish: No specific supplies necessary
Optional but useful:
- Glue stick
- White out
- Post it notes
- Reinforcement labels for binder paper
- Calculator (an inexpensive one to keep in your binder)
- Organize your binder weekly. Punch holes in your papers and try to find a place for every sheet in your binder.
- Set up an “overflow system” for home. At the end of a unit test or a quarter, ask the teacher if you can transfer notes from the last unit to the overflow system. Old binders or file folders work well for this.
- Clean your locker out regularly.
Note: The lockers for Middle School are plastic and large enough to fit a regular backpack. Most of the fancy magnetized decorations and organizers sold for lockers will not work in these lockers. No combination lock is needed.
Remember to put your name in/on all belongings. Let’s reduce items in the Lost & Found by labeling your lunch box, jackets, sweatshirts, backpack, etc.
Posted August 02, 2016