Whenever possible, please make sure your elementary/middle school child knows their after school plans ahead of time. It is often difficult to get last minute messages to students about carpool & Extended Day instructions. Remember, if your child is not present in carpool and has signed into Extended Day, you should park and enter campus to sign the child out of Extended Day. Please note the following designated carpool times and recommendations for drivers.
Preschool/Kindergarten 2:45-3:00pm; at 3:00pm children are escorted to Extended Day. Recommend driver enter line by 2:50pm to assure timely pickup. All drivers arriving at or after 3:00pm will have to park and enter school to sign child out of Extended Day.
Elementary 3:00-3:15pm; at 3:15pm children are escorted to Extended Day. Recommend driver enter line by 3:05pm to assure timely pickup. All drivers arriving after 3:15pm will have to park and enter school to sign child out of Extended Day.
Middle School 3:15-3:25pm (Note: carpool does not end at 3:30pm - we must close carpool at 3:25pm to have students escorted to and signed into Extended Day by 3:30pm).
Families with siblings in two different divisions:
We cannot allow you to pick up the younger child and wait in the pickup line for the next division - this reduces the number of vehicles we can deliver children to in the carpool lane. You have two options:
- Pick up the younger child during their assigned division pickup time, ride away and return for the next child’s division time.
- Come about 5 minutes into the older child’s assigned division pickup time and get both children in one pickup.
For families with siblings in three different divisions:
- If you are only picking up one child that afternoon, come during that child’s assigned division pickup time.
- If coming for 2 out of 3 children, come during the older child’s assigned division pickup time.
- If coming for all three children, pre-set logistics with the Head Teachers so that we can place your preschool/kindergarten child in Extended Day rather than have them sit in carpool for 30+ minutes. Be sure to tell the carpool staff they will have to get the youngest child from the Preschool Daycare Room.
PLEASE - Do not ever park in neighbor’s driveways or wait in line blocking their driveways at all. Leave space for a neighbor to arrive and pull easily into their driveway. Please also note it is not for us to decide what is a legal driveway. As long as their driveway is cut out, it is a driveway and should not be encroached upon by our community.
Posted August 29, 2016