The Portola Neighborhood
Also known as the Garden District, the Portola is a diverse, family-oriented community located conveniently near Routes 101 and 280.
With McLaren and Palega Parks close by, the shops of San Bruno Avenue down the street, and friendly neighbors all around us, we love being right where we are in the Garden District.
We enjoy strong relationships with our neighbors and are proud to be an active and supportive member of our community.
Past and current initiatives include:
- Serving as a neighborhood polling place and NERT Training Center
- Participating in regular street and neighborhood cleanups with organizations like Refuse Refuse and the Portola Neighborhood Association
- Inviting guests into our Adventure Playground as a proud participant of the annual Portola Garden Tour
- Partnerships with the Portola Neighborhood Association, Portola Family Connections, Hillcrest and Paul Revere Elementary School, the SFPL Portola Branch, and the Excelsior Community Food Pantry, Christ for All Nations Lutheran Church, Urban Angels, Portola Gardens, Alemany Farms, SFDPW, Friends of the Urban Forest, and the Burrows Pocket/Greenway efforts.
- Providing a meeting and art space for the Alemany Island Beautification Project