Swimming Field Trip
This Friday, 5th grade students will participate in a swimming test and free swim!
Date: September 18th
Time: 12:10 - 2:30
Location: Garfield Swimming Pool, 1271 Treat Street
- Bathing suit
- Flip flops/sandals
- Large towel
- Plastic Bag
- Body wash
- Goggles (optional)
Details (from Toni):
- Students are required to attempt a swim test including 6 laps across the width of the pool and 1 minute of treading water. Once they pass this test, they are allowed to swim in the deep end of the pool and practice diving. If a student cannot pass this test, we will work with that student in the shallow end according to their needs.
- The second half or our swimming adventure will be a recreational swim that may include playing water polo, floating with noodles, using kickboards, diving or Marco Polo!
- There will be a certified life guard on duty as well as Talia, Paige and Toni as chaperones.
- We will travel by Muni (bus line #9) to and from our destination.
- You may pick students up from SFS carpool between 3:00 and 3:15 or directly at the pool if you are there between 2:20 and 2:30. We cannot wait past 2:30 or we would likely miss our bus!
- If you do come to pick up at the pool, please note that the front door is often locked and unattended until we exit the pool between 2:20 and 2:30.
- In the event we are running late on Muni, we will communicate directly with the Front Desk about our likely arrival time.
Posted September 16, 2015